The Stone Island brand is distributed globally both through the wholesale channel and through a direct presence (retail). Furthermore, in some markets the Brand is managed through distribution contracts with qualified and long-standing partners, selected on the basis of their high knowledge of the fashion sector.
The Brand is currently present in the most important department stores in the world, also with dedicated spaces (shop-in-shops), in the best multi-brand boutiques and in the main e-tailers, besides having developed a network of 30 directly managed mono-brand stores and the online store.
In line with the Group’s strategy aimed at the integrated development of its distribution channels, Stone Island has begun a path that will lead the Brand to a greater control of distribution on international markets, through a progressive internalisation of the markets currently managed by the distributor – starting from Korea – and through the expansion of the DTC channel. On 30 December 2021, Stone Island set up a joint venture in Korea – Stone Island Korea – of which Stone Island holds 51%, with the aim of directly managing the Korean distribution network, which as of 31 December 2021, had 23 mono-brand stores.
At the same time, the Company is implementing a strong control and selection policy of the wholesale points of sale, a channel of strategic importance for Stone Island, with the aim of further elevating the positioning of the Brand itself.
In 2021, the wholesale channel accounted for 71% of revenues while the remaining 29% is generated by directly managed stores and the online channel. As of 31 December 2021, the Stone Island’s mono-brand distribution network consisted of 58 wholesale points of sale (shop-in-shops) and 30 retail directly operated stores (DOS). Five DOS were opened during the year, including the Paris Galeries LaFayette, New York Bloomingdale’s and Shanghai iAPM stores.