THE NEW MONCLER INVESTOR RELATIONS APP IS NOW AVAILABLE
In 2017, Moncler approved a Group Environmental Policy to confirm its full compliance with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, as well as its commitment to continuously improving its environmental performance, by minimising the impact of its production site and facilities (offices, warehouses, and stores), as well as that of its activities, services, products, and logistics. Moncler makes substantial investments in the technical, economic, and professional resources required to fully achieve the Policy’s objectives. The document is available in both Italian and English, and can be downloaded from the Group’s intranet portal and corporate website.
A tangible result testifying to Moncler’s commitment and investments in environmental protection is the ISO 14001 certification obtained in 2017 for the production facility in Romania. The Group aims to continue this improvement process, so as to obtain ISO 14001 certification also for the Environmental Management System (EMS) in place at its corporate offices in Italy.
With regard to direct environmental impacts (scope 1 and scope 2), i.e., those caused by offices, stores, logistics centres, and the production site in Romania, the Group concentrates its efforts mainly on:
• monitoring and assessing environmental impacts, on the basis of which the Company can identify and implement improvement measures
• purchasing electricity from renewable sources
• adopting more efficient technologies and lighting systems, as well as green ICT solutions
• adopting technologies that enable interaction amongst employees, thus reducing business travel
• using resources efficiently and buying from responsibly managed sources
• engaging employees and raising awareness across the Company through guidelines and programmes aimed at reducing the consumption of paper, toners, and energy, and at promoting waste sorting.
Given the nature of Moncler’s business model, in which production is mainly outsourced to external suppliers, its most significant environmental impacts are indirect. The Company uses its influence insofar as possible to promote sound environmental practices among its production and logistics suppliers, in an effort to limit the indirect impact generated by the production and distribution of its products.